Baked Whole Snapper – Rockin’ Moroccan Style Recipe
Servings: 4 people
Baked Whole Snapper – Rockin’ Moroccan Style
- 3-4 kgs Fresh Whole Snapper (ask your fishmonger to scale, clean and gut)
- 2 tblspns Spice Trading Co Rockin Moroccan Medley
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1 tblspn Fresh Lemon or Lime juice
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 2-3 Lemons sliced
- 1 Leek thinly sliced
- 1 handful Green herbs ie Parsley, Coriander
- For the marinade mix together the Rockin Moroccan Medley Gourmet Blend with the oil, lemon or lime juice and salt to taste. Make 3 to 4 deep scores almost to the bone on each side of the fish and massage the marinade into the cuts and all over the fish. Let the fish marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.Meanwhile preheat the oven to 220° CRemove the fish from the refrigerator and place on a baking tray. Add some lemon slices, thinly sliced leeks and a handful, of fresh parsley or coriander in the cavity. If the fish is looking a little dry, lightly drizzle with a bit of olive oil.Bake the fish for 15 to 20 minutes until the flesh is flaky.
Accompany the fish with wedges of fresh lemon & lime. This dish goes well with Cous Cous and drizzled with a Magical Mint & Coriander yoghurt dressing.