Rockin’ Moroccan Roasted Carrots with Spicy Tahini and Lime Dressing
- 1 bunch of “Dutch” baby carrots, halved
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil, melted and cooled (you just want enough to give your carrots a very light coating)
- 1-2 Tbsp of Moroccan Seasoning – I like to use the Rockin’ Moroccan Medley by The Spice Trading Company
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For Serving
- 1-2 tbsp of Spicy Tahini and Lime Dressing
- 1-2 tbsp of pomegranate arils – fresh or freeze dried
- 1-2 tbsp of fresh coriander (cilantro)
- Preheat your oven to 175’C/350’F
- Line a baking tray with baking/parchment paper and set aside.
- Place your sliced carrots into a bowl, or directly onto your baking tray then drizzle with coconut oil, season with Moroccan seasoning and an extra pinch of salt and pepper if desired, and toss to coat.
- Place your carrots onto your prepared baking sheet, make sure your carrots are evenly spaced on your baking sheet, you want to make sure they have some room to breathe, this is important, it ensures our carrots get nice crispy (not sad and soggy) edges!!!
- Roast for 20-25 minutes until the flesh is soft and tender and the edges are nice and crisp.
- Once your carrots are crisp and caramelized, transfer to a serving plate, drizzle with some of your spicy tahini and lime dressing, scatter over your pretty little pomegranate arils, sprinkle with coriander (cilantro) and finish with a cheeky squeeze of lime.
- Enjoy as a side with your protein of choice, or with build an epic salad with a couple of soft boiled eggs, some garlic roasted Brussels sprouts, some perfectly roasted baby potatoes, some sliced avocado and a mountain of baby salad greens.
Enjoy xo Just do it already!
Make them. Eat them. Love, love, love them.
By – @emsswanston