Mini Carrot & Nutmeg Egg Bites
Yields 10Super tasty, super easy, super healthy. Great for dinner, lunchboxes or to take on a picnic. Full of flavour and loaded with vegetables. Kid friendly, Thermomix friendly.
- 2 Tbsp Dreamy Carrot & Nutmeg spice mix
- 1 onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 small tin of corned (drained)
- 30 g olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp self raising flour
- 200 g feta
- Cut onions in quarters and add to the thermomix bowl along with 30g olive oil and a roughly chopped zucchini.
- 5 secs | speed 4 | then scrape down the sides of the thermomix bowl and cook for 2 mins | speed 1 | 90°.
- Add in eggs, flour and Dreamy Carrot & Nutmeg Spice Mix and feta 5 secs | speed 3.
- Add in tinned corn 5 secs | speed 3 reverse.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of mixture into a muffin tin lined with individual muffin cases.
- Sprinkle over cheese and crumbs if you are using them* see note.
- Cook in a preheated oven at 200° fan forced for 15 mins until or nicely golden on top.
- Leave to cool slightly and then serve with a salad or soup or just enjoy them on their own.
Cheese and Crumbs Because who can resist grilled cheese? Sprinkle a little bit of grate cheese and a few fine breadcrumbs onto just before cooking. This makes these little beauties even more delicious and worth the extra bit of effort. By Rebecca Gilhooley Adapted from Thermomix recipe