Rockin’ Moroccan Vegetable Fritters
Yields 8Tasty and versatile….
- 2 cups grated vegetables (zucchini, carrot, sweet potato or potato)
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1/4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour or besan flour (optional – chickpea flour)
- 1/2 sachet Rockin’ Moroccan Spice Blend
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 small eggs beaten
- 125 ml yoghurt
- Ghee or Olive Oil
- Mix 1/2 sachet of Rockin Moroccan spice blend with 125ml natural yoghurt and refrigerate until the fritters are cooked. Option – heat yoghurt slightly over low heat and add the Moroccan spice blend and served heated.
- Combine the eggs, onion, grated vegetables in a large bowl. Add the flour, Rockin Moroccan spice blend, salt and pepper and mix until well combined.
- Heat a little ghee or olive oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add heaped tablespoonfuls of the egg mixture to the pan and cook in batches for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Serve fritters with minted yoghurt. By Kim Ridley