Baked Whole Snapper - Rocking' Moroccan Style
Such a simple dish to prepare and the aromatic flavours of Rockin’ Moroccan Medley marinade adds a bit of zest.
Write a review
- 3 to 4 kg fresh whole snapper (ask your fishmonger to scale, clean and gut)
For the marinade
- 2 TBS Rockin Moroccan Medley Gourmet Blend
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- I TBS fresh lemon or lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Lemons, sliced
- Leek, thinly sliced
- Handful of green herbs like parsley or coriander
- For the marinade mix together the Rockin Moroccan Medley gourmet blend with the oil, lemon or lime juice and salt to taste.
- Make 3 to 4 deep scores almost to the bone on each side of the fish and massage the marinade into the cuts and all over the fish. Let the fish marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 220° C
- Remove the fish from the refrigerator and place on a baking tray. Add some lemon slices, thinly sliced leeks and a handful, of fresh parsley or coriander in the cavity. If the fish is looking a little dry, lightly drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Bake the fish for 15 to 20 minutes until the flesh is flaky.
- To serve: Accompany the fish with wedges of fresh lemon & lime. This dish goes well with Cous Cous and drizzled with a Magical Mint & Coriander yoghurt dressing.
The Spice Trading Company https://www.thespicetradingcompany.com.au/