Dreamy Carrot & Nutmeg Dahl
Write a review
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 large onion
- Fresh ginger 2cm piece
- 30g olive oil
- 2 tsp Dreamy Carrot & Nutmeg mix
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin seeds
- 1 large carrot
- 230g red or yellow lentils
- 400g water
- 350g fresh tomatoes
- 400g can coconut cream
- 1 egg (optional)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a moderate heat. Grate the carrot and sauté with finely diced onion, garlic and ginger.
- Add lentils, turmeric, cumin seeds and Dreamy Carrot & Nutmeg mix. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add water, coconut cream and chopped fresh tomatoes. Bring to the boil then simmer until lentils are tender and the tomatoes have broken down. About 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with flatbreads, chopped boiled egg, fresh diced tomatoes, cucumber and avocado. Finish with fresh chopped herbs.
- Add roughly chopped garlic, onion, ginger and carrots to TM bowl. Chop 4 sec on speed 7. Cook for 3 mins at 120c on speed 1.
- Add lentils, turmeric, cumin seeds and Dreamy Carrot & Nutmeg mix. Cook for 3 mins at 120c on speed 1.
- Add water, coconut cream and chopped fresh tomatoes. Cook for 20 mins at 100c on speed 1.
The Spice Trading Company https://www.thespicetradingcompany.com.au/