Moroccan Chicken and Quinoa Pilaf
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic finely diced
- 1 sachet of Rockin’ Moroccan Medley Gourmet Blend
- 400g chicken breast or thigh fillets cut into cubes
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 red capsicum cut into 2cm diced
- ½ cup snow-peas
- ½ cup broccoli
- ½ cup carrot
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed well and drained
- 1 lemon cut in half
- Slivered almonds
- Natural yogurt to serve
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add the Rockin’ Moroccan Medley plus 1-2 tablespoons of the stock and sauté for a further 2 minutes until the spices become fragrant. Keep stirring to ensure it does not stick to the bottom.
- Add cubed chicken and stir to coat with spices, cook to brown for 2-3 minutes. Add tomato, capsicum, snow-peas, broccoli and carrot, sauté for a further 5-7 minutes allowing or until the tomato begins to soften.
- Finally add the stock and quinoa and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes. Fluff with a fork and divide between bowls.
- Finally garnish each bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice and a handful of slivered almonds and a dollop of yogurt.
The Spice Trading Company https://www.thespicetradingcompany.com.au/