Rockin’ Moroccan Shakshuka
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 onions diced
- 1 tablespoon Rockin’ Moroccan Medley Gourmet Blend
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 red capsicum diced
- 6 ripe tomatoes diced (or 2 x 400g cans diced tomato)
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup water
- 200g baby spinach leaves (optional)
- 4 eggs (or 6 if you can fit them in your pan!)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes until translucent. Add the Rockin’ Moroccan Medley Gourmet Blend and the smoked paprika and sauté for another 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the capsicum and sauté for 2-3 minutes then add the tomato, chilli and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you are using the spinach, stir it through the sauce at this point until the leaves wilt.
- Reduce to a very low heat and make 4-6 divets (depending on how many eggs you are using) in the sauce and crack an egg into each divet. Cover and allow the eggs to cook for about 10 minutes. They are ready when the egg whites have just set.
- Spoon the mixture with an egg onto each plate and serve with a slice of sourdough bread, pita. Garnish with fresh parley leaves and a sprinkle of Rockin’ Moroccan Medley Gourmet Blend.
The Spice Trading Company https://www.thespicetradingcompany.com.au/