Dreamy Bacon & Egg Slice
Serves 4Super tasty, super easy, super healthy. Great for dinner, lunchboxes or to take on a picnic. Full of flavour and loaded with vegetables. Kid friendly, Thermomix friendly. This appears regularly on our dinner table.
- 2 tbsp of Dreamy Carrot & Nutmeg spice
- 1 onion
- 1-2 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 30 g olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsps of flour
- 3 thick sliced rashers of bacon cut into pieces with the fat trimmed
- 200 g grated cheese (we love feta but use your favourite)
- Cut onions in quarters and add to the TM bowl along with 30g olive oil.
- 5 secs | speed 4 | then scrape down the sides of the TM bowl and cook for 2 mins | speed 1 | 90°.
- Add in roughly chopped zucchini and carrot. At this point you can swap the carrot and zucchini for any vegetables of your choice.
- 5 secs | speed 5 to get a really finely chopped consistency. Less if you like your vegetables chunky.
- Add in eggs, flour and Dreamy Carrot & Nutmeg Spice Blend.
- 5 secs | speed 3
- Pour into a lined tin and sprinkle over the cheese and bacon pieces.
- Cook in a preheated at 200° fan forced for 25-30 mins until nicely golden on top.
- Leave to cool slightly and then slice and serve sprinkled with bacon dust and some grated parmesan cheese or allow to go completely cold in the fridge. Cut into slices and enjoy!
Bacon Dust Pimp your slice by cutting the bacon fat trimming into little pieces and cooking in the oven alongside your slice until completely crisp. Once cold place in a Ziploc bag and bash into tiny pieces to sprinkle over the pie. This is next level delicious and worth the extra bit of effort :). By Bec Gilhooley